By Rosalyn Fung
Ever notice that every fitness or mindset coach has his or her own fitness and/or mindset coach? Some people might question why, since they already have the knowledge it takes to hit their goals.
It’s simple. It’s because coaches are still human, which means their own mindset blocks arise at times and at other times, they cannot see their own blind spots. During such times, it’s helpful to have a coach guide them to see their situation from a different perspective. In addition, the coach’s purpose is to be there to provide mentorship and give new insight. In return, the coach that is being mentored has now developed their gifts and talents further and is now able to share them to support their clients.
It works the same with people in general. If you are a mother, the more you learn to work through your own parenting struggles by reading books, working with a life coach or taking parenting courses, it is likely you become the mom you want to be to your children (as long as you are applying the knowledge into action of course!).
Investing time, money and energy in yourself is an example of self-love. When you invest in yourself, you are saying, “I am WORTH it!” You hold hope and you are telling yourself that there are new possibilities.
You are essentially expressing, “I recognize that there is potential inside me to grow and create results, and my happiness is important enough that I’m going to give it the energy, money and time I deserve”.
When you’re willing to say yes to yourself, take that leap of faith and invest in yourself, the universe will provide you with amazing rewards.
Here are 5 Ways to Invest in Yourself:
1) Keep a Gratitude Journal: As a daily practice, write down three things you are grateful for in your life. Research proves that gratitude is an important foundation to more joy, optimism and happiness.
2) Invest in building your Self-Worth, because this is the foundation of how you do life. The higher your self-worth, the more inner peace and happier you are. Invest in yourself to develop an understanding of the value that you have and offer others, and learn to have the courage to speak your truth. The more you love yourself and own the value that you offer, the more confident you will become in sharing it with others.
3) Attend workshops and events, like Camp GORGO, to expand your knowledge and skills in your life mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. This will also give you the opportunity to meet and interact with individuals who are like-minded.
4) Read personal development books and listen to podcasts that uplift, inspire and empower you with new learning. Invest in a coach to support you to implement this new knowledge into goals and action. I truly believe that knowledge is not power, it is applying knowledge that creates power.
5) Listen to and honor your own intuition. You know those times when something undesirable happens, and you say “Shoot! I should have listened to myself! I knew it!” Yeah, it’s that voice! Show yourself love by trusting your gut and honoring the message that it’s telling you. When you let your intuition guide you, this allows you to make better decisions. In general, we tend to overanalyze our thoughts. So take the time to pay attention to how you truly feel, it will help you to make decisions that serve you.
Investing in yourself mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually and financially, will allow you to become the best version of yourself. When you are the best version of yourself, you become an attraction magnet to all things you desire in your life! Cheers to that!
Rosalyn Fung, M.Sc., is a Self-Love Coach and Registered Psychologist. She is founder of Holistic Body Love Coaching Inc. an advocate for your Self-Worth, and is passionate about empowering women and entrepreneurs to get out of their own way, so they can live a kick-butt life!